You probably have always wanted to have an outdoor kitchen that can provide a cool gathering spot for friends and families. The idea to build outdoor kitchen may seem too much for you at first, but as you grow fonder of your outdoor area and you entertain more and more guests, you think about it constantly. Sure, building a new outdoor kitchen will cost you a fortune but it won’t be so when you have a DIY project. So, where should you start, then?
Build Outdoor Kitchen
The Outdoor Kitchen: The Basic Use Build Your Own Outdoor Kitchen
Unlike the regular kitchen, an outdoor kitchen provides somewhat a cooler place to get together and hangout. You can always entertain guests, families, and friends in the coolest way. You can have a barbeque party. You can have a picnic under the star. You will have the most wonderful and fun get-together experience with the outdoor setting.
The main issue is about the building process itself. You can hire a professional but it is going to cost you a lot. If you build outdoor kitchen, will you be able to do so? Are you capable enough to handle such a huge responsibility? Can you manage everything properly and correctly? It’s crucial to think everything thoroughly before you even start.
Buy vs Build It
You have probably thought about buying everything instead of building it. Remember, though, that every choice has its own benefits and flaws. When you decide to build outdoor kitchen, you may have to deal with extra efforts which can be tiring and exhausting. But be sure that the final reward will be worth it. Not to mention that you can enjoy the flexibility of having everything designed and built with your own hands.
When you decide to buy the items and simply manage everything in an attractive layout, you will save yourself, but are you sure that your garden is able to accommodate it all? How about the size and dimension? Are you sure that the store has everything you need? Some homeowners know the difficulty of finding the right items and install those items the way they want it too. That’s why they come up with their own building system and method.
Planning and Constructing
It is only imperative that you should develop a plan. It would be best if you can come up with the layout so you can generate ideas of how to build outdoor kitchen correctly. There are a lot of great examples from home improvement websites. You should check them out. Once you develop a plan, have someone (or several people) look at the plan. They should give their opinions and feedbacks so there won’t be any mistakes during the process.
The Basic Process
When you are ready to build your own outdoor kitchen, here are some crucial steps to consider about:
- You need to think about the cement board construction as well as the steel frame. One of the traditional ways to construct something is to create a frame first. You should weld it before applying the cement.
- You need to consider concrete panels, which you can purchase from any home improvement stores. They are quite inexpensive, sturdy, and easy to install.
- Think about the plywood and lumber. When constructing a kitchen, you will need these materials. Lumber may be a bit expensive but it will last longer
- You can create any construction you want, especially if you have the concrete panels. You can even create your own pizza oven.
- Don’t forget to add the prepping station and the sink. They are crucial for the kitchen activities.
- Don’t forget to add an outdoor fireplace. What good does it make to have an outdoor kitchen without the outdoor fireplace?